Yippety, skippety....a new show in town...and just a few weeks before Christmas!! Years and years ago, my friend and I used to do Christmas shows in my home...they were fun, but very labor intensive...there were only two of us, but we managed to fill up living room and dining area with loads of handmade items..it was so much fun and profitable...but then life got in the way. So, I've been hankering for a Christmas show for a long time!!
The Early Homestead Christmas Show is just what I had hoped would happen! My friend Dawn, is the promoter of the Early Homestead Shows in March and September...so it's perfect, that she is going to promote her new show and in a new venue...and during the Holly Dicken's Festival! The response from vendors has been unbelievable!! Some will be selling early primitive antiques, while others will be selling their early style handmades, fitting for the Christmas season.
I'll be sharing a booth with my good friend Sally Beauman, who makes the most beautiful pincushions & also paints the most beautiful primitive portraits in watercolors. Her talent is amazing!! So if you're in the area, or would just enjoy makng a nice day trip...scoot over to Holly MI...you won't be disappointed! The town is so quaint, with plenty to do and so many shops...I'll be posting some of the vendors on my blog in the next few weeks, so stay tuned!!

Sounds like the show will be magical :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE your new header photo.
Hi Bobbie,
ReplyDeleteSounds like the perfect place to be to celebrate all things Christmas!!! Wish I could go, too!! Wishing you and your friend much success!!! Your header really is beautiful, too!!
Enjoy your week!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo
Wish we could have been there. We have our Maritime Christmas that day in town and our vendor party! Will miss everyone. :-( Janice
ReplyDeleteWe'll miss you and Bob as well!!! So many things going on this time of year!!
DeleteOh I wish I have not been to a good primitive fair in so very long.
ReplyDeleteCathy
Sounds like a great show.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
Marilyn
We have nothing like that. Many years ago there was a home show that was packed with various vendors. As the years progressed, more and more items were stolen. No more shows, flea markets, shops, it's barren here!!! Would love to be able to shop some of the shows online but it's never offered. Have fun!!
ReplyDeleteI was recently traveling to the UP from the Detroit area and made the side trip to Holly to check out Holly Hills Primitive shop, was so disappointed to see they were no longer in business! Bummer.
ReplyDeleteI know..the business just wasn't there to keep their doors open. They closed in April of last year. Sorry you made the side trip...but she is now focusing on the Early Homestead Shows held in March, September, and now in December. They are wonderful primitive shows...hopefully you'll be able to make one of them! If you live in the Detroit area, it would be well worth the trip!
Delete