I've been super busy getting ready for the Christmas show in Holly...my house looks like a tornado landed in my dining area...stuff all over, but I'm getting things done!
Last weekend, my guild sponsored Caroline Twigg, Eagle's Nest Woolens from Maryland and what a great class it was! The majority of the hookers in the guild are #3,4,& 5 cut hookers, so for them to take this primitive hooking class was a bit challenging. Caroline is a wonderful instructor ....very laid back and had a ton of tips and tricks to make hooking easier. She hooks no smaller than an 8 cut but was so helpful. Here are a few pictures:
First....lets talk about her van...isn't it the coolest? And look who's in the front seat keeping her company....
Next, is the rug I'm hooking that she helped color plan
Then is my friend Deb's rug...Deb had never hooked with anything larger than a 6...but her rug is gorgeous & she was amazed at how fast it goes...she's hooking with a #9
This next rug is being hooked by Kathy....she is another hooker who never hooked in a wider cut....I love this rug....
And now these are Caroline's rugs...they are just beautiful!
That's it for now....I'll share some pictures of what Sally and I have been working on for the upcoming show in the next few weeks. Take care and be safe...hopefully you're not in the snow belt!




Beautiful rugs. Caroline's mascot is cute. We have 10 inches on the ground and still snowing. Janice
ReplyDeleteAll the rugs are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLove your bird.
We have snow here in WI also, too early, & now it's turning colder.
Marilyn
I love Caroline's passenger, what a great idea! I wonder how many people need to take a second look, but all will be smiling I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteYep, snow. Crabs do not do well in it.
So happy you liked Caroline as a teacher. Deb and Kathy are doing a wonderful job with a wide cut. I hope they like the "dark side"...lol. Melissa and I are heading to Caroline's retreat in Maryland before the crack of dawn on Friday. I just love her ;)
ReplyDeleteWell this was fun!!! I love seeing how rug hookers get together and learn.
ReplyDeleteI've had people ask me to teach a class in it but I don't know where I'd start. I can do it myself but to try and find a starting point, not so sure!
The rugs are beautiful!
Blessings
Karen