Saturday, August 15, 2020

MY NEW JAM....

Man...when I get hooked on something...I go for it hook, line, and sinker!  I started falling in love with these old prints in those guilded gold frames...some of them are reasonable some are really expensive.

I found this framed print in an antique mall about an hour away.  It was the perfect size in a old gold frame & I loved the pastoral scene on it...a girl picking flowers while two cows were in a field...$10...so it came home with me.



Since I am trying to decorate with vintage/antique accessories in the kitchen, I had the perfect place for it...


My copper collection keeps growing, but I had to put the brakes on.  We went to another antique shop in Williamston on the same day and this dealer had a ton of antique copper pots and molds. These (one the wall over the butter churn) are heavy and looks like they had been put to good use...


Do you remember these glasses from the late 50's early 60's?  They were "jelly jars" & when empty, became drinking glasses.   My grandma had these in her kitchen, and I remember drinking her ice cold, sweet tea in them!  I forgot I had them...as they were packed away in the basement.  Now I'm afraid to use them!


Well...that 's it.  I tried working in the yard early today, but the humidity is horrible..again. My back porch is a mess and we're having company over, but right now it feels like a sauna!  I'll be glad when temps and humidity gets a bit lower....bring on fall!!!  Have a wonderful weekend and thank you for your comments!  




12 comments:

  1. I tried a new way to leave a comment from my iPad. I get so frustrated with that darn device.
    Anyway...if you get the first comment, please let me know.
    I get obsessed with things, too. A terrible problem to have...lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Lauren!! I did not get the first comment. Ipad's are tricky...my MacBook is tricky!

      Delete
  2. I have a set of copper pots, two loop handles, lined with a silver metal from Italy. In the attic! And an old large piece with those bumps on the bottom. See? I am not good with terminology and identification of antiques! But I do like your display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! I forget what they are called too, Marly! Mine have the tin on the inside I love them! Always finding someway to spend money!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful picture.
    Yes, I remember the jelly glasses.
    I have a similar set with flowers on them.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn! I love those jelly glasses...I should really bring them upstairs and use them...but then of course, I would probably break them! Have great week!!

      Delete
  4. What a great print and it looks wonderful in that frame. Love all your copper too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your framed picture is like several of the ones that I have on my walls. I have loved the antique prints and collected them for many years. There is just something about what the old ones say to you and the feelings they create of better times. I love the copper too; it is so pretty on your walls. I also do needlework so I sometimes feel like I will run out of wall space for everything. LOL Enjoy your collecting........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I just started falling love with those prints in the gold frames...I used to be so primitive in my decorating, but now I'm think I'm getting more of a vintage vibe. I stitch too and I have run out of space in my living room, so now I have to change them out! Have a great week!

      Delete
  6. I so remember jelly jar glasses. My gramma had these too! We love Williamston antique mall too! Your kitchen is looking so nice! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Williamston is having their outside antique show next Saturday and everything in the shop is 20% off, so we may make another trip. Thank you for you kind compliment onmy kitchen..it's been fun!

      Delete