After I put my Mayflower project in time-out, I decided to bring out one of my old WIP's. I had started this little sampler back in July, it's simply called, "1861-Antique Sampler" by Blackbird Designs. It's from their re-released book, "In Friendship's Way" which is one of my favorite books by them. So many smaller projects in this book...lots of strawberries, pinkeeps, and small samplers for box tops. I love that BBD uses mostly 32 count linens, minimal floss colors, and items that are easily found at either Hobby Lobby or Joann's
I did change some of the floss colors because they were a bit too bright. I am using 30 count linen by R&R, but I don't remember the name. I love R&R linens...the holes are loose enough for my old eyes to see, which makes it s much easier to stitch.
On Tuesday, my husband took me to Findlay OH to my very favorite needle work shop, The Craft Gallery. Here are the things I bought:
Two new re-released BBD design books
And the design, in a book, "A Study In Blue" by Sue Hillis. I'm only stitching the box top sampler. The circumfrence of the box will be wrapped in antique indigo fabric. I'm waiting for the called for linen to use. It is a beautiful book! Full of gorgeous designs!
Last, but not least, is my project bag. I wanted a Christmas themed bag (don't ask me why) and I love these with the handles. They are made by a gal in Findlay.
Well...it's Saturday. We had a fun day antiquing yesterday, but I'll post my finds next time. Take care and stay safe! Thank you for reading my blog and the kind comments. I have to moderate my comments because of the spam I get...UGH!

that stitchery would be perfect on my house of the Blackbird design. Love the colors! Dont think Bob and I are doing Holly either. I only have enough crafts made for our gift shop this year. Janice
ReplyDeleteoh how lovely! I live in Lorain County, I haven't been to Findlay for a long time. We used to go to the lake
ReplyDeleteYour 1861-Antique Sampler is so pretty.
ReplyDeleteGreat stash!
I think I need to get that Sue Hillis book, everything on the cover is so my color.
Have a great week!
Marilyn
Beautiful linens and projects! That project bag is irresistible! Love the vintage fabric!
ReplyDeleteA Study in Blue is beautiful. New to me! I've heard others speak of Lakeside but don't know if it's the linen texture or the colors that are so loved.
ReplyDeleteMore finds? You stinker.
Looking forward to seeing your antique finds!
ReplyDeleteSounds like your stitching mojo has returned! Yeah :)