Howdy all...it's been a while..I've been busy with gardening, having a houseful of company (loved it!!), going here and there, but actually nowhere....and stitching....lots & lots of stitching!!! I love Jane Austen and will stitch just about anything with an Austen theme...I finished this sampler in April, but have yet to frame it. I always look for vintage frames at the Salvation Army (because I'm too cheap to have it framed), and then frame it myself...I did find a frame last week for $1.99 that I think will work perfectly!
This design is by Modern Folk Art and is stitched on 30 count linen using Blacksmith Blue by Classic Colorworks.
I finally finished my Rebekah Smith table runner. It is just gorgeous! The wool was given to me by my friend Melissa Masterson....
I finished my Ma Cherie Louise sampler by Blackbird Designs a few weeks back and I really like the way it turned out. I used 30 count linen with DMC 221 for the entire sampler. I also framed it in a vintage frame (from the SA...)
Then I finished my Liberty House, by Brenda Gervais, using called for colors on Toasted Coconut, 30 count linen. I splurged on this frame....$4.99 from Hobby Lobby.
My favorite piece of all...the Traveling Stitcher, by Little House Needleworks stitched on my coffee dyed 28 count evenweave from Hobby Lobby. The basket is also from Hobby Lobby...(notice a pattern here....Salvation Army...Hobby Lobby....I think I have problem)
I changed the design up just a bit to suit myself and used my own colors, mostly DMC.
Then...Fourth of July stitching became front and center...this is also a Brenda Gervais design from her Holiday Hoopla series. I actually won this pattern from one of my favorite Floss Tubers, Priscilla and Chelsea last month. It was a quick and easy stitch..inspiration coming from Priscilla Blaine
Are you bored to tears yet?? Ok..this is my last one....Every Heart by Country Cottage Needleworks. Stitched on 28 count using called for colors. I'm going to leave the patriotic ones out for the summer...too much work to leave out for a couple of week....
We had a really nice family get together a couple of Saturday's ago....my son was up from Charleston with his two daughters, so the whole family had a shindig at our house...here's the grandkids...we had so much fun!!
Saturday, my buddies, Deb, Wendy, and Sally are heading down to Melissa's house to take another wonderful class with Rebekah L. Smith...and we can't wait!!!! Have a great week and enjoy this wonderful summer weather!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speaking of YouTube...here are just a few of my very favorite Floss Tuber's...all about cross stitch...if you can spare a few minutes...they are well worth your time! I promise....you will be inspired!
Priscilla & Chelsea....fabulous finishes and stitching in record time!! They are awesome
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nicole's Needlework...Nicole does beautiful stitching on higher count fabric. She is a pleasure to watch and so inspirational
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cynthia Brew, Stitching in the Light...a new cross stitcher, but she does beautiful stitching and she hand dyes her cross stitch fabric..also a pleasure to watch..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then, Lori Brechin...she usually tapes on her Crafty Saturdays, but she also has a ton of instrutional videos...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Teresa Kogut...not a cross stitcher herself, but a cross stitch and punch needle designer...also. she's a Michigan talent!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jan Hicks Creates.....lovely cross stitcher, with weekly "stitch-with-me" videos brought to you from Hawaii
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll list a few more next time....since there's not a darn thing on TV, I spend my evenings catching up with Floss Tube while I stitch!!



I also watch Flosstube for my evening entertainment. The only actual TV programs I watch are something I like on PBS or Dateline.
ReplyDeleteAll very pretty finishes.
ReplyDeleteLOVE that red Sampler, and the tablerunner is to die for!
Marilyn
You have been busy! So many beautiful finishes ❤️
ReplyDeleteOne of these days I will have to tune in to Flosstube...in my spare time...lol. Thanks for the links.
See you tomorrow. Safe travels.
you have been one busy lady! your runner is gorgeous, and all of those tiny little x's!!!
ReplyDeletebut the photo of you two & your grands just fills my heart! <3
{thanks so much for the mention on Youtbue!}
Lori
Hi Bobbie,
ReplyDeleteSo very nice to see a post from you!!! Love all of your wonderful pieces and you sure have been busy doing what you love!! I love going to Thrift stores and finding great deals on frames, as well! Why not, right?? Your photo of you and your grands is just precious!!! Thank you for the floss tube info!!! Will have to check them out!!
Take care and enjoy your class!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo
What great stitches and finishes , especially your runner and the all red sampler. Lovely picture of your grands , you and your husband. Floss tube has so many great tubers I really like lost in floss - sew grateful- stitching in the barn- stitching on the lake-kitten stitcher and Jens stitching niche. I see a problem and might need intervention. I see two new one to check out. Lol
ReplyDeleteLinda m
Hi Bobbie ~ Just love your blog.... while we are tooling up for Christmas giving...
ReplyDeleteis there a kit or instructions for the cotton batting Santas and Angel? They would be
a wonderful project to work up for the holidays... Thank you.