When you lose someone, it's very comforting at times, to have a little treasure that perhaps was once theirs..even though it is a material thing, it's just a sweet little reminder of the one you lost. My little treasure from my SIL, is this recipe for Butternut Balls & White Sugar Cookies. She gave this recipe to my about 47 years ago & it has been a favorite every single Christmas....Her handwriting, the smeared ink, and the yellowing paper are such a sweet sentiment that she shared her recipe with me. The white frame was the very first thing I bought while my kitchen was being remodeled, because I knew I would frame this yellowing piece of paper & think of her every time I passed it by....
Monday, August 3, 2020
BETTY'S RECIPE...
My dear sister-in-law, Betty, who I considered to be one of my best friends...who I followed into nursing school....who helped me with my children when they were little...who sat on the couch and timed my labor pains with my second child (she almost had to deliver him)...who helped & encouraged me through the dark times when my daughter, at 2 years old was diagnosed with Type I Diabetes & also was diagnosed as having Epilepsy (I would have probably jumped off a bridge had it not been for her)...and who, both her & I, thought that Haley's Comet in the early 1970's, was going to hit the earth & wipe out the human race....passed away suddenly in February of this year, was like losing a part of me....I have been very blessed in my life to have not only been related by marriage to this wonderful gal but to also to have been neighbors for almost the first 20 years of marriage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a great tribute to your SIL and friend. I bet the cookies taste great too! Janice
ReplyDeleteI love this..
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you lost her. What a wonderful idea! I laminated my dad's handwritten pierogi and pie recipes, never thought to frame them.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about Betty's passing.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea & treasure you made.
Marilyn
Perfect!
ReplyDeleteI have some recipes of my mom's that I want to frame for my sister, niece, daughter and my self.
ReplyDeleteSo very sorry for the loss of your dear sister-in-law/friend :(
ReplyDeleteA loss like that just guts you.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful tribute. Much love and hugs your way.
ReplyDeleteSweet.
ReplyDelete